Trek Across Maine - June 19 - 21, 2015
Trek Across Maine
- June 19 - 21, 2015
The Trek Across Maine is a 3-day, 180 mile cycling event from the mountains of Sunday River to the sea in Belfast. As the largest fundraising event of its kind in the nation for the American Lung Association, the Trek has raised more than $22 million in the past 30 years. Join more than 2,000 cyclists and 750 volunteers on this one of a kind journey on Father’s Day Weekend.
Date: June 19 - 21, 2015
Start Location: Sunday River Ski Resort - Newry, ME
Finish Location: Steamboat Landing - Belfast, ME
Age Limit: 7 years and up.
Children between the ages of 7 - 12 must ride a tandem or tag-a-long bike with adult guardian. All children under the age of 18 must have an adult guardian with them at all times on the route. Child and guardian are both required to meet the fundraising minimum.
Fees & Fundraising:
Registration: $65 registration fee (non-refundable & non-transferable).
Registration fee does not count toward fundraising minimum.
Fundraising: $550 per person ($400 for ages 7 - 17)
The Regular Route:
- Day 1: Sunday River to University of Maine at Farmington (approx. 67 mi) - 3 rest stops located on route
- Day 2: University of Maine at Farmington to Colby College (approx. 57 mi) - 3 rest stops located on route & 1 water stop
- Day 3: Colby College to Belfast (approx. 56 mi) - 3 rest stops located on route & last mile staging stop
NOTE: Although we try to be consistent, mileage may vary from year to year depending on local and state construction projects.
Colby Loop Route limited to 200 riders:
- Day 1: Sunday River to UMF shuttled to Colby College to sleep (approx. 65mi)
- Day 2: Colby Loop Route around Waterville area (approx. 44 mi)
- Day 3: Colby College to Belfast (approx. 55mi)